Monday, June 13, 2011

The Baker Lady ditches gluten.

This past week I had the honor of making my cousin and her best friend's high school graduation cake. It was my first, oh my gosh...how am I supposed to continue to be the baker lady AND be gluten free? As always, I found a way.

I'll admit to a little sticker shock after hitting New Season's for supplies, but it wasn't too bad considering the treat. I used a recipe on allrecipes.com. Gluten Free Yellow Cake. It is delightful. I wouldn't lie. Not about cake. It was also very simple to make. I only made one tier gluten free, so the other's were traditional cake recipes. I'm happy to report that even gluten free folks enjoyed it, though.

Xantham gum is expensive, but essential. Or so I'm told. I had good luck with the cake, so I'll stick to it. My next adventure will be bread. I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment