Sunday, November 28, 2010

Read with caution:

The closing of an email to best pal:

This bitchy moment brought to you by:  Insomnia. We let you live YOUR life, only stupider and with less patience. 
And also by:
Chemo. Because you didn't already feel terrible enough when we your body was being taken over by cancer. 
With special consideration by:
Hemorrhoids.  Only we can make three straight days of explosive diarrhea even MORE fun. 

;)


Yeah. Needless to say, this cycle has been a bit of a bummer. Thanksgiving morning I woke up having an anaphylactic reaction to God only knows what. This is the 3rd in the last year and a half now. So far my allergy testing has only shown that I'm allergic to something but, nothing they've tested me for. Swell. This reaction was a bit different than the rest because I'd been asleep in my own bed all night. So, since the Abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea started during this 'event' I'm assuming it's related to that. It's not usual
For those side effects to be present this late(day # 9-12)in the cycle. Regardless of what's causing it my body is tired and I'm feeling truly beaten down for the first time since Starting treatment. I really feel like starting another cycle on Wednesday (just 3 days from now) is not possible. I'm exhausted and sick and in enough pain as it is. I'm about to bust out my biggest pair of white granny panties and wave 'em overhead for the world to see. This mama needs a break.

So, there you have it folks. The whiniest, most bitchy Thanksgiving blog ever. I promise to blog about my thankfulness when my attitude has improved. Perhaps after my Oncologist has given me his blessing to skip, or at least postpone this coming cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment