Thursday, April 7, 2011

Surgery on 4/12

My surgeon has decided that a traditional 'open' or TAHBSO is the best/safest option for me.  There are several contributing factors, the biggest being the need to be in total control of bleeding during surgery.  I have to start blood thinners right after surgery because of my history of DVT.  A bleeding situation could get scary fast on blood thinners.  Anyway, the recovery is a little rougher, the hospital stay a bit longer, the scars much more significant, but it gets the job done.  Cancer averted.

I'm expected to be in the hospital for two days.  I'll be out of commission for a few weeks.  Brandon is supposed to have the first week off, but after that I may be desperate for some company.    I'll keep you all updated on my scar collection.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment