Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hysterectomy...

I've known for several months now that I need to have a hysterectomy.  Everything must go.  I finally put on my big girl panties and returned to the gynecologist's office yesterday.  My surgery is scheduled for one week from today, 4/12/11.  Wow.  Lots of emotions attached to this...but, mostly it'll be one less thing to worry about (less parts to get cancer in).

Now, I'm cramming a bunch of research in and trying to prepare myself.  My biggest concerns right now are my history of DVT and hormone replacement therapy, and the fact that it's looking like I'll need to have an open abdominal surgery.  I had REALLY hoped to not have to go through that again.  *UGH*  I will, though, for my guys.  Much less risk this way.

I've found a great resource for support and research on this topic.  Hope it'll be helpful to you as well.

Hysterectomy Support

No comments:

Post a Comment